Flax Ginger Cookies
Source: Healthyflax.org | Category: Baking, Ground Flaxseed
Let's see if you can resist!
- 1 1/3 cup (325 mL) all purpose flour, sifted
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) milled flax
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground ginger
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground clove
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) canola oil
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) molasse
- Preheat oven to 325 ⁰F (170 ⁰C).
- In a bowl, combine flour, milled flax, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, beat together brown sugar and egg until sugar is dissolved. Add canola oil and molasses to the sugar and egg mixture; mix well. Stir in dry ingredients.
- Knead dough with your hands to mix in ingredients and form a large ball. Cover dough and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator. Lightly spray cookie sheet with non-stick vegetable spray; wipe off excess. Lightly coat hands with vegetable oil or nonstick spray to handle cookies easier. Measure 1 Tbsp (15 mL) chilled dough, roll and flatten (Canadian loonie coin size).** Place on cookie sheet 2 inch (5 cm) apart. Bake for 10-11 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from tray and cool to room temperature.
Yield: 26 cookies.
Serving Size: 1 cookie. Each serving size contains 1 tsp (5 mL) of flax.
|Total Fat||3.5 g|