Source: saskflax | Category: Baking, Whole Flaxseed, Ground Flaxseed
Treat yourself with this flax square.
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) skim milk powder
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) ground flaxseed
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) whole flaxseed
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) canola oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) molasses
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) 1% milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) quick oats
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dark raisins
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) whole almonds
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Spray a 8 inch (20 cm) pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine flour, skim milk powder, ground and whole flaxseed, baking powder and baking soda, ginger and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat together brown sugar, oil, molasses and egg.
- Add half the dry mixture to the sugar mixture; stir. Add milk and remaining dry mixture; stir until moistened.
- Add quick oats and raisins. Stir until evenly distributed. Turn into prepared pan. Level batter and sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely on a rack. Cover and store at room temperature.
Yield: 16 servings.
Serving Size: per square. Each square contains 1 tsp (5 mL) of flax.
|Total Fat||6 g|